Can't Login

Greetings!

I have recently run into a weird problem.  On my home workstation, I can
log in on my account fine (in GNOME) with no problems.  However, if my
girlfriend logs in, Sawfish doesn't seem to start (a couple "panels" show in
the tasklist).  Also, when I start gnome-control-center, the CPU usage of
XFree86 umps up to around 99%, and not long from that either X crashes or
gnome-session crashes, because she's thrown back to GDM.

I've had a hard time debugging the problem, since very rarely is she home
using the computer when I'm there.  I've tried deleting all of her GNOME
related settings (gnome, nautilus, esd, etc.).  I've deleted related files
in /tmp (like her orbit entry).  The problem persists.  I think there's a
weird bug in Sawfish.

To make the problem harder to debug, I'm running Debian Unstable/Sid,
which means it could very well be a bug on their part.  I thought I'd ask
here first, though.

Thanks!
Sean Etc.