Segmentation fault

Hi everybody. I'm trying to make some GUI for a program which used to
run in text mode. I just created a new gnome app, which basically has
just a menu from which I call my own functions. Unfortunately when my
functions exit, I get a crush, Segmentation fault. DDD tells me he's
trying to look at malloc.c so I guess it's a problem with gnome's
memory/heap allocation. Actually I have all my malloc/free calls
checking for errors, and indeed my application works well without being
embedded in gnome. I'm running RedHat 7.0 and Gnome 1.2. I know I'm not
supplying much info for you to help me, but maybe somebody found some
similar problems and can ask me for details ( I wouldn't know what to
add) or point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.
Federico Bravo.