Re: Sound configuration problems

If you have a new motherboard, you may be able to go into the BIOS and change a setting there to disable your on-board audio. Check your motherboard documentation. As far as SBLive! being the default, there will be nothing else to default to once the onboard audio is disabled =].

Make sure you have SBLive support compiled into your kernel or as a module. Good Luck!

--Patrick

Patrick wrote:

Hi guys, I'm new to linux and am having a problem with my sound. I have two sound cards, one being the onboard sound and the other being a SBLive! card. I would like to make my SBLive! card the default sound card. As I have it situated currently, my SBLive! and onboard audio are both working, however, the onboard audio is being sent the default sound. Is there a way to disable the onboard audio without opening the case and switching a jumper? Is there a way also to make my SBLive! card the default? Thank you!

Patrick