Sound configuration problems

Hi guys, I'm new to linux and am having a problem with my sound.  I have two
sound cards, one being the onboard sound and the other being a SBLive! card.
I would like to make my SBLive! card the default sound card.  As I have it
situated currently, my SBLive! and onboard audio are both working, however,
the onboard audio is being sent the default sound.  Is there a way to disable
the onboard audio without opening the case and switching a jumper?  Is there
a way also to make my SBLive! card the default?  Thank you!

Patrick