Re: gnome-list digest, Vol 1 #752 - 14 msgs- problem

dear sir,

     i am using red hat linux 6.2 with windows 98. i
am generally using windows 98, as i had installed
linux for the first time. i have a LILO bootable disk
from which i am booting the system when i want to use
linux. without this bootable the system boots up in
windows 98 (my default boot). i have installed linux
on d:(d drive) partition and not on c:(c drive) on c:
windows 98 is there.

     so here the problem is that, as i am booting my
system into linux through a LILO bootable disk, i.e.,
a floopy disk, as u know that floppy disks are not
reliable. now i want to make another LILO bootable
floopy disk. or the other way round is that i may
install LILO on hardisk, but the problem is that i
want to use windows 98 more than linux as i am not
comfortable with linux at present and there are other
problems also with linux.

     the other problem is that i want to use internet
in linux through network, i.e., LAN, so i want to
configure networkin in linux. as i am using internet
server hardware for sharing internet, in case of
windows 98 a single gateway ip address is assigned to
each pc,i.e., 192.168.100.1 and no other ip address is
assigned to each single pc. the internet sharer device
automatically assigns the ip address to each pc. i.e.,
192.168.100.1, 192.168.100.2 ....... likewise. so how
do i configure my network in linux. its easy in
windows as u have to just change the network
properties. but how to do this thing in linux? please
give me some suggestion in this case. as i cannot use
internet on linux.

     waiting for your reply,

kuldip.
India.