Re: what is 'gal' and how do I get it?

If you are running red-carpet you can get gal in the ximian-gnome
section. If you don't see it make sure you click on the "Install" icon
in the top right corner of Red-Carpet. Else you can go to
ftp.ximian.com/pub/ximian-gnome and manually get the rpms. You will want
to get the gal rpm and the libgal rpm.

Regards,
Kevin