Re: ximain sucks?

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Ryan Marsh wrote:

> {ryan}-{cpe-24-221-171-149}-{~}-$ sudo rpm -Uvh gdm-2.2.3.2-1.i386.rpm
> Preparing...                ###########################################
> [100%]
> package gdm-2.2.2.1-ximian.8 (which is newer than gdm-2.2.3.2-1) is
> already installed
> {ryan}-{cpe-24-221-171-149}-{~}-$ rpm -q gdm
> gdm-2.2.2.1-ximian.8
> {ryan}-{cpe-24-221-171-149}-{~}-$ what the fuck?
> bash: what: command not found
>
> So is 2.2.3.2-1 really newer than 2.2.2.1???

I was doing a fairly good job of keeping up with ximian revisions and
releases in RedHat-6.2 and found that upgrading to 7.1 broke things as
the old packages were newer than the new packages but wouldn't work,
necessarily, with 7.1.

Now using the RedHat up2date tool.  Took the RedCarpet thingie off and
will try reinstalling it sometime when I have time to futz with it.  I
sent in a bug report.