Re: Getting wildly off-topic (Was: Re: The future of gnome-pim - an d Balsa, too?)

Hello!

> Is this a technical or a religious list? I just
> subscribed a couple of days ago looking for help not
> for latest gospel!

Sorry, sometimes the discussions get a little heated...

> As to people using one OS or the other (linux or
> Windows for instance) it is mostly guided by
> availability, ease of use, and requirements (job or
> others). Try to tell the IT of your company (in case
> you are not in a university) to switch to linux...

In most companies the IT does not make those desicions. You have to go to the
boss... Anyway, Before that can happen Linux needs to be operatable by the
boss.. granted...

> there: it remains difficult for the average person to
> install linux, gnome etc...

I don't follow??
I installed this machine (at work) with a std. redhat, making only a few
desicions (A little more than on an costum windoze install) and everything
works... Really installing a workstation is hardly a challange anymore (And it
shouldn't be!)

It takes a few runs to be used to the windoze installer also... unless you make
it take all the desicions.. at which it is really bad!

> The fact that lots of these people prefer to spend
> their time doing something else (sport, music,
> painting, etc...) to learning how their computer work
> (after all it is just a tool) does not make them
> stupid...

I didn't say they were stupid... I say some are stupid by saying, by
definition, that linux is bad, and won't try it out, because of that... That
makes them no better than racists sayin coloured people are no good, without
knowing any!

Anyway, now I am getting terribly off-topic here...

Anyway, remeber to reply to the list, if you want to address the list...

- Mads "Mazzachre" Randstoft