Re: The future of gnome-pim - and Balsa, too?

Hello Again (Again)! :-}

> > > addressbook: I think we can all see why this is needed, yes?
> > As an external, docakble app/applet yes...
> this is exactly how Evolution works...

Nice, So I can use my company hp-openmail address book in evolution??
(Considering one isn't written yet that might not be possible, but once it is
written)

> > > calendar: this isn't generally needed by a single-user at home, but for
> > As an external, dockable app/applet, so that it can talk to the calender
server
> Again, this is exactly how evolution works (well, *will* work once the
> calendar talks to a server...currently it just saves to a local
> database).

So a Netscape calender applet will be written??

> That's pretty much what GNOME does.

That is the reason i am using gnome at the moment (Among other reasons, it was
the one that reminded me most of Amiga WB) But if someone starts to emulate
windoze for the sake of capering windoze users, I, for one, would be very
unhappy...

BTW: I have seen screenshots from Evolution, Not a very good GUI... Granted is
is made to look like Outlook, but since outlook is possibly the worst
mailclient ever made, I can't see why a better aproach is not taken... Users
can easily ajust to other GUI forms... My girlfriend have dumped outlook for
Eudora after a few hours of usage...Anyway, if everything is made from easily
reusable modules, one could build a better interface quickly...

- Mads "Mazzachre" Randstoft