Re: The future of gnome-pim - and Balsa, too?

Hello!

> True. However, I know a lot of people that have two machines on their
> desktop - one running Windows used only for Outlook and another running
> GNU/Linux for development. That is, IMO, something that might not be
> necessary once Evolution is launched.

Stupid users will always use outlook, because noone can tell them there is
better alternatives (even on windoze) Smart users are already turning
elsewhere, because of outlook worms...

> Not all of them. But I've heard "But it doesn't work like Windows",
> "Windows is better" and so on so many times now that I am getting fed up
> with it. I am not saying that we should revert to Windows or mimic it -
> but we should learn from competition.

The people saying windoze is better only says that because their friends says
that, and so on... you cannot revert them by emulating windoze... people can
use programs that are just as good under Linux, and whenever something happens
that does not happen under windoze... they will criticise Linux for it...

I friend of mine kept clearing the cache in mozilla on my machine, beacuse he
thoght mozilla did not check for online updates, because it was so much faster
than IE on his windoze box, and kept saying that linux (and mozilla) was
stupid, because of it....

- Mads "Mazzachre" Randstoft