Re: The future of gnome-pim - and Balsa, too?

On 2001.08.09 21:36 Philippe Roy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I like balsa, effecient software
>

> On 2001.08.09 18:03 Hartnett wrote:
> > I like Balsa as well, they just need a better filter system in place.
> >
> > 			Sean
> Hi,
>
> I like balsa, very efficient software. Heu, I'd like to sugget adding
> external editor (emacs, ...) for mail editing.
>

> About pim applications, I'll add to my devel (toutdoux) : contacts
> management, workflow, organization chart, ... .
You should watch out so that I don't start using the same arguments against
your application ;-/

I'd say that a project management utility is a lot more logical place for
much if this stuff than an MUA, though.

> At present, there are abstract parameterized interfaces (tree, network)
> and
> concretes interfaces (planning).
> So toutdoux can work with lot of shared data.
We may well start using toutdoux. At the moment, the binary packages
provided for it are obsolete, though, and building new ones seems to be a
bit too much hassle. I would appreciate it _a_lot_ if you would add proper
RPM support to the sources.

> The gap between evolution and toutdoux is evolution is email oriented and
> toutdoux is database oriented.
> Toutdoux is free database; for example, the user can add/remove fields of
> the contact dataset (pet's name, the 14th telephone number, ...)
>
> For me, the most important is the pim applications must work with same
> files (contacts, events, ...).
Quite.