Re: The future of gnome-pim - and Balsa, too?

Hi,

I like balsa, effecient software

On 2001.08.09 18:03 Hartnett wrote:
> I like Balsa as well, they just need a better filter system in place.
>
> 			Sean
Hi,

I like balsa, very efficient software. Heu, I'd like to sugget adding
external editor (emacs, ...) for mail editing.

About pim applications, I'll add to my devel (toutdoux) : contacts
management, workflow, organization chart, ... .
At present, there are abstract parameterized interfaces (tree, network) and
concretes interfaces (planning).
So toutdoux can work with lot of shared data.

The gap between evolution and toutdoux is evolution is email oriented and
toutdoux is database oriented.
Toutdoux is free database; for example, the user can add/remove fields of
the contact dataset (pet's name, the 14th telephone number, ...)

For me, the most important is the pim applications must work with same
files (contacts, events, ...).

A+
Philippe