Re: Desktop backgrounds in Gnome & enlightenment

I'm running Gnome 1.4 with enlightenment 0.16.5 (as a window manager) on my SuSE 7.2. I disabled the option in the Control Center for Gnome to set the background, but Gnome still overrides any background of the desktops I set in the enlightenment menus, by some funny default blue background.
Where and what the option I have to disable, that I could see my enlightenment's backgrounds?

Interestingly, on the Slackware 8.0 I do not experience this kind of problem.

I ran into this too - if you have Nautilus installed, you still need to go into its preferences and tell it not to draw the desktop. Not sure why Nautilus doesn't pick this setting up from the control center...

--
Travis Saling
Webmaster, UW Electrical Engineering