Desktop backgrounds in Gnome & enlightenment

I'm running Gnome 1.4 with enlightenment 0.16.5 (as a window manager) on my SuSE 7.2. I disabled the option in the Control Center for Gnome to set the background, but Gnome still overrides any background of the desktops I set in the enlightenment menus, by some funny default blue background.
Where and what the option I have to disable, that I could see my enlightenment's backgrounds?

Interestingly, on the Slackware 8.0 I do not experience this kind of problem.

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying online with Shop Netscape!