Re: run a script at the end of a user session

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 03:58:08AM +0200, Remi Cohen-Scali wrote:
> Have a look at /etc/X11/gdm/PostSession
> In this script, the user is referenced in the env. var. $USER.

Right, that was the suggestion I received on IRC as well.  My worry
is that, from what I can understand, that script is roughly analogous
to PreSession.  I'm concernes about introducing a possible security
hole.

What I really need for this, I think, is something analogous to the
Sessions file, because it would enforce more strictly that the script
be run as the user.

Still, the PostSession suggestion might work.  Thanks.

--
Andrew Sullivan                       |     McMaster University
Research Computing Support, CIS       |   1280 Main Street West