Re: run a script at the end of a user session

Have a look at /etc/X11/gdm/PostSession
In this script, the user is referenced in the env. var. $USER.
You commonly find stuff like:
    /usr/bin/X11/sessreg -d -w /var/log/wtmp -u /var/run/utmp -l
$DISPLAY $USER
Just use something like:
    su -c <your_command_or_shell_script> $USER
or
    su - -c <your_command_or_shell_script> $USER
for a login shell