dumb install question...

just a quick question...how do I install gnome1.4 beta? I am using debian unstable and I don't want to manually install each package...gnome news tells me that all I had to do is add to my sources.list deb ftp://ftp.ximian.com/pub/ximian/1.4beta1/distributions/debian unstable main but then when I ran apt-get update; apt-get upgrade only 2 packages are going to be upgraded...while some others have had their whole desktop upgraded..when happened with the rest? I want my helix-gnome. (bec i am still using october-gnome)

TIA