Re: forcing configure to use /opt/gnome

Steve,

I have to do this all the time.

What I do is export LDFLAGS="-L/opt/gnome/lib ..."
(adding -R/opt/gnome/lib for Solaris) when
I configure.  Then I usually have to hackup the
*-config (like gnome-config or glib-config) and the
*Conf.sh files before installing.  Eventually, the
right flags end up in the makefiles.

The main problem is that some directories and -L flags
are not added for specific sets of *LIBS.  I've tried
to update some of the sources, but eventually gave
up because they never made it in to the next release
of the source.

Apparently, if you're not running linux or installing
in /usr or /usr/local, the attitude I get from some
is that we're supposed to live with it.

Ben
Well I've decided to download the entire gnome 1.4 release and install
everything to /opt/gnome.  The first package audiofile built ok,
installed libraries to /opt/gnome/lib and informed me if I want to link
against them I have to add -lLIBDIR when linking and add /opt/gnome/lib
to ld.so.conf.

So my question is how do I add -lLIBDIR without editing the Makefiles.
I invoked the next configure like this
./configure --prefix=/opt/gnome --libdir=/opt/gnome/lib --with-gnu-ld

Will that do the trick?  It still seems to be referencing /usr/lib and
it queried /usr/bin/audiofile-config rather than
/opt/gnome/bin/audiofile-config.

Thanks,
Steve

--
FreeBSD maelstrom.dyn.dhs.org 3.4-STABLE i386
 5:35PM  up 23 days,  1:18, 1 user, load averages: 0.00, 0.02, 0.08