Re: WRITE IN GNOTES

>   I have RedHat 7.0 .  I can't write in GNotes.
>
>    I can only cat&paste from text edit ( to Gnotes ) or xterm
>    ( to Gnotes ) .  Why ?

Hm, it sounds like it is the same bug which prevents terminal applets
from working properly. I don't know what is causing the bug (the panel
or Gtk+ (or perhaps even Sawfish, have you tried with another WM?))
but it is an old one. I have a small code example somewhere that
reproduces it.

The problem is that it is impossible to give keyboard focus to some
widgets by clicking with the mouse, for instance the multiline text
thing that GNotes! is using, and the Zvt widget which I use for my
terminal applet.

The strange thing is that if you press the tab key repeatedly when the
panel has the focus, eventually the focus *will* actually end up in
the terminal widget - so I'm able to get by with my applet.

Hope it helps knowing that you're not alone,

--
Ole Laursen
http://sunsite.dk/olau/