Re: losing a startup daemon

On Sun, 1 Apr 2001 mjbjr beaudesign com wrote:

> I have been unable to get gpilot(d) to work.  I have discovered that
> jpilot works great, but won't work if gpilotd is running.  I have found
> that gpilotd is started as part of my gnome startup, but is not listed in
> the startup programs in the control center.  Looking at my .gnome/session
> file, I see gpilotd listed.  Its line, and 3 other neighboring lines, all
> begin with the number '7'.
>
> What's the best/proper way to prevent the auto startup of gpilotd?

gpilotd will start if you run the Gnome Pilot applet. If you have this
applet running, remove it from your panel. _After_ you have removed it,
use Gtop to kill gpilotd, and save your session (Settings > Session > Save
current session).

If you want to use the applet and temporarily disable gpilotd, right-click
on the applet and choose "Pause".

    Håvard

mailto:havardw stud ntnu no||http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~havardw||73 52 55 76
 All it takes to start an avalanche is a single snowflake||Or a snowboarder
        Oh! Un Fraggle! Regarde, maman! J'ai attrapé un Fraggle!