Re: installing problems

----- Original Message -----
From: Etienne de Bary <edebary club-internet fr>
To: list.gnome <gnome-list gnome org>
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2000 7:45 AM
Subject: installing problems

> while trying to install software "Gerk"
> i had the error message "configure: error: Could not find the
> gnomeConf.sh file that is generated by gnome-libs install"
>
> while trying to install software "GNUGO"
> i had the error message "no acceptable CC found in $PATH"
>
> please help a desperate man !

I'll try.

How did you install GNOME in the first place? Did it come with your
distribution? Did you install it from packages? From source?

The first problem looks like you don't have gnome-libs devel libraries
installed (I think.) The second problem looks like you don't have the right
compiler set up. Have you compiled anything else recently?

--Ben