Swallowing with the Panel

I'm switching back to FVWM (2.3.x, with GNOME support) as my WM; I just
can't live without some of the specialized features I'm so used to now
(FvwmButtons features that the Panel can't emulate, and FvwmForm in
particular).

I'm using the latest HelixGNOME on a Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 (+ some woody)
system, and the very latest FVWM (2.3.21).

I'm trying to get the GNOME panel to swallow my FvwmButtons and I have
some things that I'm sure I can do (they seem pretty basic) but I just
can't figure out how to do them:

 1) Once I swallow an app, I can't figure out how to modify the
    "swallow" parameters without deleting the thing and creating a new
    one.  If I mouse-3 click on the "thumb" I get a menu, but there's no
    Preferences in it, or any other way I can see to edit the parameters
    (such as the width, height, etc.)

 2) I can't seem to find any way to let a swallowed app keep one or both
    of its width/height parameters.  Can't I just tell the panel to use
    whatever width (for example) the window has?  Why must I give it an
    explicit width?  I tried setting the width to 0, but I got a 0-width
    object :)

Help!

 Paul D. Smith <psmith baynetworks com>         Network Management Development