My Gnome launching didn't survive XFree86 CVS install......

Hello folks and all,

I just installed the current version of XFree86 on my machine. Now I have an
unexpected problem, the make install seeminly did something to my startx
setup....

Which would not be a major harm if gdm would let me login as root, but it
doesn't..... even though configured to allow it.

Well, I used to be able to do "startx gnome" as root after a minor addition
to some of the files as they came with the Suse6.4 setup. After installing
helix-gnome that is, I didn't install the Gnome coming with Suse....

What i need now is somebody help me with the steps needed to get my Gnome up
again with Sawfish... maybe somebody just got that startx, or system xinitrc
script i had before.....

And this now while Evolution 0.5 is almost there...........

Thanks a lot, Karl