Re: Solaris6: cpumemusage_applet doesnt work.

On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 01:31:11PM +0100, Mark R. Bowyer wrote:

> >From: "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <allbery ece cmu edu>
>
> >On 09/05/00 23:09:51 +0200, Jan Houtsma <jan houtsma net> wrote:
> >+-----
> >| I compiled gnome from source on solaris6.
> >| When i try to run gnome-applets-1.2.1/cpumemusage/cpumemusage_applet
> >| i get an assert from proc.c on line 62:
> >|
> >| glibtop_get_mem (&mem);
> >| assert ((mem.flags & needed_mem_flags) == needed_mem_flags);
> >+--->8
> >
> >libgtop doesn't currently do anything useful on Solaris, so
> >cpumemusage_applet has nothing to display.
>
> This isn't entirely true.  The latest Beta versions have pretty much everything
> working on Solaris 2.6 through 8.  Only the swap size measurement is really
> hosed.  I've had a (very) little to do with the code here - I also used it to
> port some of the Enlightenment Epplets for use on Solaris and other non-Linux
> hosts, and it works fine on my Solaris 9_alpha system, too.  I have a flaming
> CPU meter, a memory and (broken) swap meter, a load meter, and boxes containing
> date and uptime information, running in front of me.
>
> The problem is more to do with it's lack of progress right now.  Maybe this will
> be addressed by the new members of the Gnome Foundation soon?  ;O)
>
> I suggest you go get the current Beta version of libgtop and try that - check
> out the code under the sysdeps tree first to make sure you have a version with
> Solaris code in?  Sorry, I don't know what version is good or where to get it
> right now.  There's a libgtop-devel-list egroups com alias you can try, though
> =O)
>
> Ta,
>
> ---------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful---------
> o o                                          mailto:Moredhel earthling net
> /v\ark R. Bowyer.    http://Moredhel.i.am    mailto:Mark Bowyer UK Sun COM
> `-'  "Micro$oft have performed an illegal operation and will be shut down"

I have installed the beta version for solaris.
Its under ftp gnome/unstable/sources. Had to rebuild gproc and the
gnome-applets. Gproc, Load- and Memory-applets work now.
However the CPU applet doesnt do anything and remains black (but at least
is doesn't assert anymore). Guess it needs to be worked upon still :)
Thanks,

jan
--
              /  /    /  /    /  /  Jan H. Houtsma