Re: Helix appears to have broken gnorpm

On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 12:04:44AM +0000, Paul Lewis wrote:
> A while ago, I installed/upgraded to Helixcode Gnome, just lately I have
> noticed a few things are not working.
>
> The first is Gnorpm, if I try to start gnorpm from a terminal I get the
> following
> error,
>
> gnorpm: error in loading shared libraries: libxml.so.0: cannot open shared
> object file. No such file or direcrory.
>
> Looking in /usr/lib sure enough there is no libxml.so.0, but there is a
> libxml.so.1
> According to rpm,  libxml-1.8.9.0_helix_1 is installed.

  install libxml10
    http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/redhat/6.2/i386/libxml10-1.0.0-2.i386.html

 How did you upgrade ? I hope the helixcode upgrade tool does not
force the upgrade or that you didn't force an rpm upgrade manually !

  there should have been a dependancy between your previous libxml (1.8.6
I bet which was providing libxml.so.0) and your gnorpm version. Whoever
forced the upgrade leading to a runtime failure is guilty !

Daniel

--
Daniel Veillard w3 org | W3C, INRIA Rhone-Alpes  | Today's Bookmarks :
Tel : +33 476 615 257  | 655, avenue de l'Europe | Linux XML libxml WWW