Re: Helix appears to have broken gnorpm

On Tue, 05 Sep 2000 23:38:24 Daniel Veillard wrote:

>   install libxml10
>     http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/redhat/6.2/i386/libxml10-1.0.0-2.i386.html

Thank you Daniel, that seems to have fixed two problems for me. I have been
able to get gnorpm working and thus been able to deinstall Netscape 4.5x and
reinstall Netscape 4,7x. RPM refused to beleve that Netscape 4.5 was
installed.

>  How did you upgrade ? I hope the helixcode upgrade tool does not
> force the upgrade or that you didn't force an rpm upgrade manually !

The original problem occured when I tried the automated updates from the
Helix site, after being on line for about three hours the system tried to
update
gnome-core, it failed because it could not find libxml and aborted the update.

I got the impression that the Helix upgrade downloads a package and then
upgrades it on the fly. It seemed to work for about 80%