Re: HelixCode's Gnome 1.2

Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

> I run Helix GNOME on Red Hat 6.2 and don't have a single problem. Why
> are you building the source? Why not just install the RPMs?

Well I did a fresh install of RHL 6.2 and installed all the rpms I built
and haven't had a single problem with it yet, thank god! My guess is
that some stale libs must have been on my previous install that weren't
getting upgraded. I still can't get gnome-games to build but I am making
progress.

Now to answer why I am building from the source. I am building my own
binaries because I am making a linux distribution based on RHL 6.2. I
want to build all the source myself. The default desktop will be helix
Gnome.

--
ICQ: 7205161
http://sapphire.sourceforge.net - Yet another X11 Window Manager