Re: starting gnome

run script before you do the startx.  this will capture all the
output from startx and allow you to analyze what happened.

Ben

From: mblanco <mblanco pdq net>
To: gnome-list gnome org
Subject: starting gnome
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 18:09:21 -0600

Gnome list,

When I start gnome (startx) from my shell prompt 95% of the time the session flashes some commands and then the screen goes black. I do not know what the
cause of this could be.  I am running Linux 6.2 and have just installed it
have not been able to get it to work. Can some one please help me? I would
be greatly appreciative.

Thank You
MB