Re: Re: CD ROM and Floppy icons won't disappear

wege34 zonnet nl (2000-10-30 at 1012.00 +0100):
> 1. patch the kernel floppy driver to flush the buffer after every
> write operation. This would protect users from data corruption if
> they eject without dismounting.

Uummm, is not that what "sync" mount option does? Instead of async,
the operations are made in sync mode. Correct me if I am wrong.

> 2. have the filemanager (or supermount or whatever should handle
> this) unmount, then mount the floppy before every read operation.
> Because of above patch, this should have little result on
> performance.

It sounds interesting cos it makes sure the floppy contents have not
changed. And IIRC, MS Windows does not that, cos I remember having
problems changing similar floppies quickly.

GSR