Mime type problem

All,

I'm trying to set up a MIME type to associate .sdw files with Star
Office. I have set this up via the MIME option from the control centre
with the extension being sdw and the application as soffice (the binary
to start Star Office) with a %f after it. I have also tried calling the
mime various names like application/x-sdw, i have also tried naming it
as a text/x-sdw but this just seems to launch the gedit. I have also
tried to launch Star Office from the CLI, using the same bin as i've
put in the mime type. For example if i type :

# soffice /tmp/testdoc.sdw

This launches star office with the test doc loaded.

Can you help????

Stuart