Re: Java running slow in Gnome

In message <39F5B8E9 97DE77F8 cbmi upmc edu>, "Andrew R. Post" writes:

>My experience is that Jdk1.2.2 for Linux reacts very badly with Sawmill:
>default window positioning is partially off the upper left corner of the
>screen

I've experienced the same problem with JDK 1.0.x, JDK 1.1.x, and the Java
implementation in all versions of Netscape Navigator/Communicator (just go to
games.yahoo.com to reproduce the problem for yourself) and fvwm 1.x, fvwm 2.x,
and enlightenment.

It's a problem with the JDK.  You can see that the JDK is actually
repositioning windows after they have been positioned by the window manager.

John

--
John GOTTS <jgotts linuxsavvy com>  http://www.linuxsavvy.com/staff/jgotts