Re: Java running slow in Gnome

Stuart,

I have no idea why this is happening but am concerned that it is. Can you
quantify "too slow"?

If we assume that the java code which is being executed is the same in the two
environments it would seem that the Java processes are being starved for memory
or CPU.

Does runnning top on CDE or GNOME show anything interesting?

Does running pmap on the Java processes show a significant difference in paed-in
values?

Padraig