Re: The archives are back

> The studlyCaps thread (and many others on this list) should be on
> gnome-devel-list. People put those threads here because
> gnome-devel-list has poor signal-to-noise. (Though considering the
> studlyCaps thread signal is maybe questionable ;-)
>
> If we nuke the private list, then the consequences are basically:
>
>  - some things that the g-h community now finds out about will
>    be confined to the Board of Directors, or to companies,
>    reducing openness in some measure
>  - these off-topic technical discussions will go more public,
>    increasing openness a bit
I still think, that we either should
- find a way to effectively target all discussion to the right list
or
- open gnome-hackers archives to general public
Keeping list submissions invite-only shouldn't be problem.
Btw. If some newcomer posts in wrong list, there happen always to be people
to guiding him/her to right list (occasionaly flaming him). Seems, that
more involved people need similar guidance, still...
L.