Re: The archives are back

> Lauris Kaplinski <lauris helixcode com> writes:
>
> > Especially now, when elections are coming I think it is EXTREMELY important for
> > all community to be able to read flames, exchanged between candidates. This is
> > after all the question of elections being honest and democratic.
> > Current situation presents quite uneasy ethical dilemma - every good community
> > member should publish bonobo-0.21 thread to whole electorate - at the same time
>                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Since we only give voting rights to GNOME contributors, where is the problem ?
>
> I mean, for me everyone who has voting rights also qualifies as gnome-hacker's
> list member - but since Miguel is the list owner, this is now his decision.
Well - I had a feeling that de facto situation is:
gnome-list is for discussing general problems about gnome/using gnome
gnome-devel-list for discussing problems about developing gnome progs
gnome-hackers for discussing subtle technical problems about developing
  gnome libraries (if you want to keep sig/nose ratio extremely low)
Now - at www.gnome.org, there is no single remark about the existence of
gnome-hackers list at all. Instead gnome-devel is presented, as main
development list - which it de facto is not.
Notice: I am not opposed to keeping gnome-hackers invite-only. I am opposed
to hiding it's archives, as way too much useful information is discussed
there over the time.
Lauris