Re: Don't remember window position

George Farris <george gmsys com> writes:

> > Once and for all I like to disable the feature that GNOME/sawfish
> > remembers window position and size.  How to achieve this goal?
> >
> > Default size and left upper corner -- that's all I want.

Hopefully, this mail didn't sound too rude -- it wasn't my intention!

> I have a gripe about Sawfish as well although I think this really
> belongs on the Sawfish list.

Thanks for confirming the problem; I'll try the Sawfish list next time.

> I have matched windows that start on a specific workspace but
> sometimes sawfish ignores this and I have to select "forget saved
> state" before it works again.

I never tried this feature; it sounds very interesting...

> Sawfish IMHO should honor these matched windows and if one is found it
> just ignores other settings.  I should never have to tell it to ignore
> saved states once set.

Agreed.  I'm fighting against xterms poping up somewhere...  Sawfish
seems to remember some of the last xterms (various positions, various
sizes); the 4th and following xterms seem to honor my default settings
;)

--
work : ke suse de                          |                   ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |                 _-\_<,