Re: Nautilus: tried it?

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000 09:33:13 -0700
 "John Sullivan" <sullivan eazel com> wrote:
#on 10/13/00 6:26 AM, Paul E Johnson at pauljohn ukans edu wrote:
##It's true that View as Icons is the default for folders. However, every
#folder will remember what view you last used in it, so you shouldn't have to
#change this for the same folder twice. Also, you can change this default as
#follows: In the "View As" popup, choose "View as Other...". You'll get a
#dialog that lists the viewer choices for this "file type" (in this case, for
#folders). Note that "View as Icons" says "default for 'folder'". Select
#"View as List" in this list, then click "Modify..." below. This will let you
#specify that View as List should be the default for folders, among other
#stuff.

So last a used Nautilus Preview 1 (I know ancient history) it created a file in
each and every folder.  This is great and dandy but please allow us to
universally turn this off.  Why?

Cuz when I burned a cd I don't want nautilus directory file info on the cd.  I
know it's a hidden file but I need to burn cd's with various files that do
contain hidden files.   This is one one the first things on do on a windoze
system is get the windoze explorer without that 'view as web page' and say 'You
can make all folders look the same' and choose 'Like Current Folder'.
 adam http://www.kaikun.org 4,000+ photos