Help with Autoconf and BerkeleyDB

I am looking for an autoconf expert (ok, somebody with more
experience with it than I) to help me put together an aclocal.m4
entry for the following entries:  (I'll put them in the appropriate

Most of the code that I have to deal with in the gnome tree's
don't list a way to direct the Library features for BerkeleyDB
when it is not in LDFLAGS or a hacked configure.

I've tried to put some things together, and can get simple
things like --with-berkeley-db-c++, but not the berkeley-db*
to work.