Re: RealPlayer7 locks up gnome

On Friday, October 06, 2000 13:27 -0400, Rick Pasotto <rick niof net> wrote:
+-----
| I am running debian with helix-gnome and recently installed RealPlayer7.
| Sometimes the gnome panel becomes unresponsive although other
| applications function normally. Pressing the 'stop' button on RealPlayer
| releases all the queued-up mouse clicks on the panel.
+--->8

At a guess, you have sound enabled (via esound), but RealPlayer has control of the audio device so esound hangs when the panel tries to talk to esound (which blocks trying to open /dev/dsp).

Try using esddsp to run RealPlayer.

--
brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]    allbery kf8nh apk net
system administrator        [WAY too many hats]          allbery ece cmu edu