RealPlayer7 locks up gnome

I am running debian with helix-gnome and recently installed RealPlayer7.
Sometimes the gnome panel becomes unresponsive although other
applications function normally. Pressing the 'stop' button on RealPlayer
releases all the queued-up mouse clicks on the panel.

Have others experienced this? Is the problem with RealPlayer or gnome?

--
"Must the citizen ever for a moment, or in the least degree, resign his
conscience to the legislator?  Why has every man a conscience, then?  I