Newbie help

Help! Yes I am a newbie, one whole day now. I have to
say I am impressed with linux over all! I have a
question though. I am not used to this x windows
interface and will find my self a way out and in
quickly enough but, how do I install/start-using gzip
to unzip files? As far as that goes, is there a
interface I can use with the X windows gui? One more
question, I am also trying to add a ZIP drive
{parallel} after installing redhat's 7.0 version, how
do I go about doing that so I can use it to say, unzip
files from it basicly or the HDD. This is my goal
anyway, to unzip a install setup for the BRU tape
backup software off of the drive to look at a BRU
backup Zip disk I was sent to look at. Thanks for the
pending help! LOL I am sure I will have a eplythera of
questions as I get back into the swing of this unix platform...