--rebuilding xscreensaver from src rpm

Hi, sorry if this is OT (probably should be on an rpm list). I have been trying
to rebuild binary rpms from the helixcode src rpm for xscreensaver. However,
what ends up happening is a make install and no binary rpm is built. I'm running
on a ppc box with yellowdog (Red Hat port), and I'm trying to get the GL
screensaver modules (I've seen this with other redhatish src packages too). Can
anyone suggest a solution or point me in the right direction?

thanks
Dan Kortschak
--

Employer required disclamier (sorry for the bandwidth):
If you were not sent this message, please forget it. If you were, be
aware that we don't guarantee it free of virus; the health of your
system is your own responsibility, do what you feel is necessary.