two questions;gnome pop and screen saver

Hi,

When i click on the gnome footprint icon down below i can not see the entire menu, maybe for the gnome side (i see the kde stuff). Like, i do not see the linuxconf in the popup submenus and others things that are installed on my RH 7.0 system.

Anotehr thing, i am not sure how to turn the screen saver off.
I type "setterm -powersave off" and I get the "can un(set) ..."
erro message.