Re: GNOME Performance (was Re: Suggestions)

Storm Linux User wrote:

> I was surprised to note that people are experiencing slow behavior with
> GNOME on a 166 MHz Pentium. I'm running GNOME 1.2 over Storm Linux
> (Debian 2.2) on a 133 MHz Pentium and it outperforms my Windows 98 in
> every way.

my scenario,,,
PII450/128ram/13.6HD/16MB RIVA TNT/ ( not state of art anymore but you see
):

for most part gnome performance is fine....

but gmc takes 5 seconds to come up..is anyone else seeing this/is this
normal?..

if its normal are there faster ones?

thanks
lee