Re: gnome-session runs differently under gdm?

Joseph> Also, it appears gdm is not even running gnome-session since
Joseph> that's actually a wrapper script on my system (I'm not sure
Joseph> that if I were to put the wrapper script stuff in
Joseph> default.session that it would actually get run before anything
Joseph> else), and it does not appear at this time that my wrapper is
Joseph> even running.

Well.  It depends entirely how gdm is configured on your distribution
(I take it you're using Debian, which I'm not intimately familiar
with).

Check /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions for the session scripts available on your
system.

Depending on what you select in the greeter window, one of these
scripts will be executed to start your session of choice.

--
Martin K. Petersen      Cereal Bowl Engineer, Linuxcare, Inc.
http://mkp.net/         SGI XFS, Linux/PA-RISC, GNOME