DB Widget

I've been browsing though some of the widgets in Glade an am amazed by
some of them - a calender widget? A calculator? How hard would it be to
create a database widget? Perhaps using the note-pad tabs with a DB
server selection dialogue (mysql, postgres, etc...), connect dialogue,
and various editing tools for modifying the DB? I know there's Gnome-DB
- but they're still in heated development and there's not much info
available to what direction they're taking...

Mike