several Gnome issues

Hi there,

I have a few problems with the latest Helix-Gnome with Windowmaker 0.62.1
and Mandrake 7.2 Beta:

1. The Text under the Desktop-Icons ist always bound to the left instead of
centered, is there a possibility to change that? In earlier Gnome-Versions
the text was centered, so there should be a possibility, or not?

2. gdm seems to forget it's configuration. Just after the install i had the
following possibility under "Session": Gnome, WindowMaker and XSession.
After a reboot, only windowmaker is left... When i reinstall gdm everything
is right back...

3. I'm not quite sure if this is a problem with Gnome, but I have here two
PC's, both with Mandrake 7.2 Beta installed. On the first there is Helix
Gnome, on the other the Standard Mandrake Gnome. On both machine i have
installed the Balsa 1.0.0 rpm from www.balsa.net. Both machine connect
through the Internet over a linux-masquerading-gateway with
ISDN-dial-on-demand. The first PC with Helix-Gnome fails to connect to the
mail-server with Balsa when no connection is already established. It only
works when a connection is already established. With the second PC, with
Standard Mandrake-Gnome, the same works just fine... I'm really confused
about that...

Thanks in advance for any help..

Jon

--
The only real advantage to punk music is that nobody can whistle it...