Re: Gnumeric 0.54 will not start, under RedHat 7

"John P. Verel" <jverel home com> writes:

> When I attempt to launch gnumeric 0.54-4, I get a message which says,
> "Gnumeric failed to find a suitable default font.  Please verify your
> gnome-print installation and that your fontmap file (typically located in
> /usr/local/share/fonts/fontmap) is not empty or nearly empty.)"
>
> In fact, I have no such directory.

It is a file. Best is probably to download a tarball of gnome-print,
compile it and use the gnome-print-install program provided
in it. I do not have RH7 here. otherwise, I would have sent you my fontmap
file.

If you are using helix rpms, I have already seen this problem: they have a bug
which does not install the fontmap file. If you are using RH7's gnome-print,
I guess they have a bug too.

regards,
Mathieu