Re: Gnome DVI viewer?

Quoting Ben FrantzDale (bfrantzdale thuban ac hmc edu):
> I've searched the archives with only a few, vague results. Is there
> and/or will there be a gnome DVI viewer? (I find xdvi quite anoying and
> often resort to running yap under wine.)

What features of xdvi do you need?  You might find that always
generating postscript and using ghostview will give you the features you
need.  I use xdvi for speed, but it is definitely not feature rich.
Ghostview has a lot of nice features.  The cost of doing this is always
having to generate the .ps file whenever you run latex, but this has got
to be better than running YAP under wine.

> Along the same lines, what plans are there for math typesetting in
> gnome? I have found no output better than (La)TeX and no input less
> frusterating. Math typesetting is generally not something to be done
> with a mouse.

I don't think you'll ever beat latex here.  Increasing your familiarity
with latex will certainly reduce your frustration.  I actually like it.

Albert