Re: gtk-config and gnome-config relocation

In message <Pine LNX 4 21 0011052222080 28007-100000 matthew linuxnet>, matthew
 writes:

>I propose that gtk-config and gnome-config be moved from *-libs-devel to
>*-libs.  These files are small, unobtrusive, and come in very handy in a
>non-development capacity.  For example:  I'm writing a gtk/gnome
>application that I will be distributing in both binary and source
>packages.  The binary package will be installed from a GUI installer
>app.  If these scripts are on the target system then I have a definite way
>of determining where the icons, executables, etc. belong in order to mesh
>with gnome.  However, without these scripts it's guess work.

It sounds to me like you are doing a "build," albeit with binaries.  The whole
purpose of development RPM's isn't to reduce the size of nondevelopment RPM's,
it's to turn development on or off.  After all, disk space is cheap.

I think the current split (which also exists in over a dozen other packages)
should stay.

John

--
John GOTTS <jgotts linuxsavvy com>  http://www.linuxsavvy.com/staff/jgotts