RE: gnome-core 1.2.3.1 "Dignitude" released

My problem here is the misleading dialog box in the gnome-login-check,
instructing you to get the original libICE or else. It doesn't actually fix
anything or work around any bugs, it just asks you to stuff yourself.
What it COULD do is to point you to the location of the patch in Solaris
that fixes the problem, or just shut up  and not show any dialog boxes, just
document the bug in release notes.

The other thing is that I see nothing wrong with having workarounds in the
code. There is no such thing as bug free OS (yes, even Solaris, I know it
hurts your pride Padraig :), we have to deal with it and not just refuse to
work because we can't be bothered to be gentle in some places.